CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 16, 2011

McGill Punches!




I hope you are all doing well :) The weather here has been cold and rainy which I used to love but now it just makes me sore. However, it is a nice day to stay home and try to get some card making done!

I was asked by a friend how to make some flowers I have been making. I learned how to do these from a class I took at my local Archiver's! I just LOVE that store!
In class we used these punches made by McGill. The punches are from the Paper Blossom line and are so very pretty and easy to use!



The first thing to do when making the lilly(my favorite) is punch out 6 using the star lilly punch. I have used all kinds of paper but card stock I think is the best.



I use the same punch to cut the 3 more sets for the leaves from (since they were out of the one that they used). It works just great and it saves money.


Then you decorate each petal to add detail. I also outline each petal with a copic marker for extra detail. I LOVE copic makers this is my first time using them!








Each tool kit comes with 3 handy styluses. Each one has two sizes so depending on the size of flower you wish to make you have plenty of options. You lay each petal on the foam mat and then start working the stylus around each petal until it is curled up. Dont worry about it being too much because it will lay down once you spray it with glimmer mist.
Once you have all the petals ready it is time to start putting it all together. I start by glueing the leaves together to form a base for the petals. Once I have them together I just apply glue to the center and start placing each petal into position.


Once you have all the petals in place allow to dry and then you can spray glimmer mist to add a finishing touch!






I hope I didnt confuse anyone! :) They really are very easy and loads of fun to make. They are perfect for cards, pages and gift boxes and tags!






Enjoy!



2 comments: